Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Continental Martini Bar - Great Philly Eats

Because of my job I have the distinct pleasure of traveling between Washington D.C. and Boston  at least once a month. This gives me the chance to check out some of the local places and in some instances find some new favorites. My last visit to Philadelphia, city of brotherly love led me to The Continental Martini Bar in the downton area. The decor here is best described as Jetsons meet James Bond. The food is innovative and tasty. A fusion of Asian influenced dishes with French, Latin and US cuisine.

During this visit, with it being my first time I asked the bartender for recommendations. He did not lead me wrong and told me to go with two of their most popular appetizers. I had the Korean Pork Tacos and the French Onion Dumplings. The tacos had a nice spicy kick that was not overwhelming. The pork was tender and succulent. The French onion Dumplings are best described as a deconstructed French onion soup. Both dishes were more than enough to leave me satisfied and wanting to come back to this place to continue sampling their very tempting menu. If you visit Philadelphia and are looking for more than just their cheesesteaks I definitely recommend this place.

 Korean Pork Tacos

 French Onion Soup Dumplings

Hallway leading  to the Rooftop Bar Lounge

No comments:

Post a Comment