Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blue Smoke - Smoking Good BBQ

 Today was a great day. The weather was awesome and I went to get together for lunch with some of my favorite girls with my little devil in tow. We agreed to meet at Blue Smoke because my friend Christine mentioned them a while back as a good place to eat that happens to be child friendly.

As soon as you walk in you are enveloped by the most delicious smoky aroma that is the trademark of any great barbecue establishment. If you are a barbecue fan the menu in this place will make you salivate instantly with classics like smoked brisket and pulled pork not to mention their applewood chicken. Their children's menu is pretty decent too since there is not a hot dog in sight of it.

We decided that since all of us have had particularly trying weeks lately we needed a little alcoholic pick me up to get us through the day so we went with my friend Heather's choice, a wonderful drink called The Porch Swing. It is composed of Hendrick's Gin, Pimm's Cup No. 1, lemonade and cucumber, and it was just what we all needed. Thank you very much to Heather for that suggestion.


As far as food I can only show you a picture of mine because we were all so hungry, we just dug right in. I had to go with their Pulled Pork Sandwich with Sesame Slaw and Pickles. It was a huge portion as you can see. The pulled Pork was well seasoned as the flavor did not overwhelm me as is usual when the meat is drenched to death in seasoning when it is done improperly. The slaw and the pickles were likewise tasty yet not over spiced. I loved it although I had to have over half of it wrapped up to take with me because it was just too much goodness to handle in one sitting. I will definitely be back, although it will probably have to wait for a few weeks while I recover from the overdose of awesome that this place hit me with.


I will be back tomorrow with the recipe for some fantastic lamb turnovers I made that have to wait until I can get my camera battery charged so I can show them to you.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! It was a great time. Sorry I scarfed down my tuna tacos before you could get a good food pr0n shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time too. You are awesome. Next time we will check out that fish taco place you guys were talking about. I am absolutely in love with The Porch Swing. What a perfect drink that was.

      Delete