Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Brooklyn Commune I Heart Thee








Brooklyn is one of those places that I have absolutely neglected in the many years I have been a resident of the NY metropolitan area. Luckily that has changed since my family and I relocated back to the US and chose the Windsor Terrace area as our home sweet home. 

Today I am giving some love to a fantastic place that I just discovered down the street from where I live. Brooklyn Commune is a cafe with a very unpretentious, understated ambiance and beautifully executed dishes. The menu shows a wide range of influences from middle eastern to American soul food, and best of all they make everything using local fresh ingredients. I can only say that you will find a rich flavorful surprise in every bite. For example, my falafel wrap had a mango chutney dressing rather than the typical tahini sauce, which resulted in a rich and energizing experience. Unfortunately my pictures do not do the food justice since they were taken with my phone camera, but trust me the food is off the charts. 

The shop also doubles as a market with very select items, most manufactured locally. They also have great events intended to create a greater link between area residents and local food related organizations as well as local artists and professionals. Check out their calendar for upcoming events. To get to them take the F Train to the Fort Hamilton stop in Brooklyn. Stay to the back of the train for the best exit to reach them. They are located on the corner of Prospect Avenue and Greenwood Avenue.

Pictures from top : Brooklyn Commune sign, Home made ginger soda, Flalafel wrap close-up, Falafel wrap plate, Fried Chicken sandwich, Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment