Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tried and Loved

While browsing the food blogs yesterday evening I found a great recipe for some delicious treats on the Smitten Kitchen blog, so of course I had to put them to the test. I probably did it more because they looked so darn cute that I just had to try to see if I could pull them off.

The recipe was for what they call apple pie cookies. I had to do this in the style of the show Chopped because I decided to do them without much real preparation due to the fact that the hubby and I were experiencing a moment of giving in to our sweet tooth cravings. I had the ingredients for the dough but I when it came to the filling I had to improvise. I only had an apple so I substituted pears. I modified my spice blend as well by mixing a mild yellow curry in lieu of the cloves and mixed it in with some fresh ground cinnamon which I luckily had hidding in the depths of my dry spice drawer. I also decided to cut all the fruit into small pieces and mixed them with the spices about half an hour before I put the little pie cookies together. My brother, his wife and my husband were brave enough to be my taste testers and they said they love them, so we got a winner here and a definite keeper for the favorite recipes compilation.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment